Tonight Heather and I went to an open house directed by Birth to Three. While it was informative and we will probably take some of their classes after Bailey is born, it was mostly for new parents and their new children. After the open house was over, we asked one of the ladies presiding over the meeting about classes for people who are pregnant and wanting to learn about parenthood before the child comes out. Our answer was less than pleasing. They told us that there are very few classes available for expecting parents.
I’m the type of person who likes to be prepared in whatever venture I do and parenthood is no different. I have been studying and learning all I can but would like a class or seminar or something where I can get current and accurate information and can ask questions. Unfortunately the economy is in such a terrible rut that no one is able to make donations to non-profit groups. This means that the few prenatal classes that do exist are reduced or cut. This is very unfortunate for people like Heather and I who want to have an idea of what to expect before birth.
Saturday, October 08, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment